[Using Sakai] Anyone Looking at Sakai Integration with BibApps?

Nate Angell nangell at rsmart.com
Thu Aug 5 18:07:54 PDT 2010

Hannah:

I hadn't seen BibApp until your inquiry. A quick investigation makes it look
interesting indeed.

I took a tour through BibApp's technology, and while I don't know of any
current Sakai integrations, I could imagine ways it could be accomplished
fairly easily, integrating via something like the Sakai Link Tool or
BasicLTI Tool.

One of the first steps would be to define the use cases and/or
functional specifications for a Sakai integration: what would BibApp look
like in Sakai?

I could imagine at least an integration between Sakai's Profile2 tool that
would link a Sakai user profile to corresponding records in BibApp, and
possibly enable some management of BibApp from within Sakai—if that would
even be appropriate.

Other uses might include exposing materials from BibApp in Sakai
course/project/portfolio sites, maybe based on shared topics of a current
Sakai site? We are already thinking through similar capabilities around
exposing related open educational resources inside Sakai.

There is of course the question of whether an institutional repository (eg,
DSpace, Fedora) is part of a 3-way integration with BibApp and Sakai as
well, and what that might look like.

Can you encourage folks at Tufts to document what they would want to see in
a BibApp/Sakai integration?

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist