[Using Sakai] Question about Sakai renaming tools functionality from Indiana University

Pavolka, Rita Kay pavolka at iupui.edu
Mon Apr 19 09:47:54 PDT 2010

Folks,

At Indiana University we currently deploy "reorder tools" minus the ability for site owners to "rename tools." However we are considering whether we might deploy that capability in the future.

As part of our consideration we'd like to find out what groups are currently using the "reorder tools" functionality in their Site Setup tools, including the ability to "rename tools" per site by the faculty member/project site owner. And if you are using that capability, what your experience has been in regard to

1)      How have students responded to the changing tool names?

2)      Has it created significant challenges for your support groups?

3)      How have those challenges been met at your school/institution?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can share. I'll be glad to share the results of my query with the Sakai community.

Regards,
Rita

Rita Pavolka
Associate Manager,