[Using Sakai] Grading the Sakai Wiki

csev csev at umich.edu
Tue Apr 13 06:12:00 PDT 2010

I am using the Sakai wiki in  my course and have some required level of participation for each student.   Does anyone have any strategy as to how to ease my effort in terms of grading this activity?

I would be curious as to either automated or manual approaches to solving this problem.

I am thinking of writing a Python script to automatically pull down Wiki contents and RSS feeds and parse them and do my own contribution analysis software on my laptop.  If / when I am done with this, I will share it in contrib for others to use.

So even if you don't know how to solve this with existing software - if you have an idea about how to best solve it (i.e. what to look for and what to measure), let me know.

/Chuck