[Using Sakai] Tools that are timezone-aware?

Branden Visser branden at uwindsor.ca
Thu Oct 29 08:00:37 PDT 2009

The Forums tool has issues with timezones [1]. As far as I know, Forums
is not deprecated.. I have a patch for the JIRA that I'm planning on
posting in the near future. I'm currently running through time zone
issues for my institution.

The Polls tool in an earlier version of the 2.5.x branch did not reflect
timezone preferences either [2]. I think David Horowitz has fixed this
in the maintenance branch, though.

If you're using Etudes' JForum (2.4) or Melete (2.5), they are not
honouring preferred time zones.

I have reports that the Wiki tool (2.5.2) is not reflecting Timezone
changes, I haven't reached this one yet.

We've confirmed that all the other tools we commonly use here are
honouring timezone preferences.

If you're aiming to make timezone handling a little less confusing for
users, you might also want to look at and comment/vote for SAK-7802.

Hope that helps,
Branden

[1] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-13607
[2] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-12838