[Using Sakai] Assignment attachments

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Mon Oct 19 18:21:55 PDT 2009

I have a question about the workings of Resources and assignments.

I know of an implementation that for some reason seems to have a lot
of "lost" assignment submissions. Reportedly, the students are getting
their receipts, but faculty are often not able to find the files. The
IT group has taken a shine to going into Admin Workspace and using the
Resources tool to drill down through the "attachments > {Class Name} >
Assignments > {Name of file} > {Name of file}" to seek out these
"missing assignments'.

Ignoring the fact that this shouldn't be necessary at all....

There is one class that doesn't seem to have a folder in the
"attachments" section of resources, even though students have turned
in assignments in that class with file attachments.

Is that pretty normal? How is that supposed to work?

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, New York 13104 USA
315-663-7756