[Using Sakai] Group assignments behaviour when a student out of that group assignment drops the course

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Tue May 12 13:43:48 PDT 2009

Mustansar,

Currently there is no real db delete done when the assignment
submitter is no longer within the site...

So for

Q1: When the user drops a course but already made a submission, his
submission won't be shown from the UI. And not counted for the "in/
new" (total submitted number / non-graded number). However, if the
user ever becomes member of the site again in the future, with the
same UUID as the user id, his submission will show up again, since
the db record of the submission was not deleted.

Q2: Assignment tool does not support a "group work" scenario now. So
if an assignment is marked as Group assignment, each member within
the group would get his own copy of submission object, hence they are
graded separately. Again, if the a submitter drops the course, his
name won't be appear inside the submitter list, exactly like above.

Thanks,

- Zhen