[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] POLL: performance storing resource bodies in SQL database vs network-filesystem

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue May 12 02:10:16 PDT 2009

Regarding conversion later on, you might want to take a look at both
of these Jiras, as there was an issue converting from DB > filesystem
if you've already upgraded your DB to use binary serialisation as
opposed to the XML serialisation in 2.4:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/KNL-164
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-16146

That being said, a production installation I look after has its files
stored in an Oracle cluster ~30 km away and there are no issues.

cheers,
Steve

---
Steve Swinsburg