[DG: User / Using Sakai] Anyone using Portfolio for document approval process workflow?

Barb Kerns brk at bumail.bradley.edu
Thu Mar 19 12:53:22 PDT 2009

Our curriculum committee is looking for a better way (workflow) to handle
the numerous course change and program change requests that need approval
every year.  I would guess we are not alone in this.  Is anyone using
Portfolio tools in Sakai to accomplish this?

Our needs are to be able for multiple departments to add artifacts (course
or program change forms and supporting documents) to a site, for these
artifacts to be viewed by up to 8 approval levels and for each level to be
able to grant their approval or to send the artifacts back to the
originating department for revision.

We have not worked with Portfolio tools yet and have set up a very basic
folder structure in Resources.  We are looking for the piece that allows for
easy tracking, authentication and approval through an efficient interface.
Any suggestions?

Barb Kerns
Bradley University
Sakai 2.5