[DG: User / Using Sakai] Unjoining a site

John Leasia jleasia at umich.edu
Tue Mar 10 04:23:56 PDT 2009

Daniel,

<>you can prevent the option to make a site joinable from appearing to
the site owner with a sakai.property.
wsetup.disable.joinable.count is set to the number of sites which will
not have the 'Can be joined by anyone with authorization to login'
checkbox hidden during the site creation (and site editing) process.
wsetup.disable.joinable.n values are set to the site types that will not
have the set joinable option. So you might have, for example, the
following in your sakai.property file:
wsetup.disable.joinable.count = 1
wsetup.disable.joinable.1 = course

You can prevent users from unjoining all sites with
disable.membership.unjoin.selection = true,
in your sakai.properties.  If you would like to disable the ability to
unjoin a site of a certain type, rather than for all sites, use the
wsetup.disable.unjoin properties. For example, if you wanted to prevent
users from unjoining course and research sites (given that your system
has sites of those types) use the following:
wsetup.disable.unjoin.count=2
wsetup.disable.unjoin.1=course
wsetup.disable.unjoin.2=research

I think by default users can unjoin any site.
John