[DG: User / Using Sakai] How to unsubscribe - you must do it yourselves.

Marc Kerr mkerr at indiana.edu
Fri Mar 6 07:09:05 PST 2009

Really.
Until yesterday I was not part of this mailing list. There is a
problem with the system.

Also most mailing list include instructions or the email address to
send unsubscribe requests to in the footer of all messages. This list
apparently does not. As I mentioned before I have no way to
unsubscribe. I have not been informed of the procedure and do not have
a login to the system to remove my self.

Your list admin needs to fix this not me.

Marc

On Mar 6, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Jim Slotta wrote:

> please everyone -
>
> Do not write to this list complaining to remove yourselves.  It is bad
> netiquette, it won't result in your being removed (it can't, for
> security reasons), and worst of all - it basically compounds the
> problem that you are evidently responding to (more than half the e-
> mails on this latest thread are about "remove me"
>
> It doesn't work like that.  It never worked like that.  This can't
> possibly be the only mailing list that you're all members of??  You
> need to unsuubscribe yourselves.
>
> Here is how it works - go to the Web site that is clearly listed at
> the bottom of every e-mail:
>
> follow the unsubscribe instructions
>
> Jim Slotta
>
> ps - thanks Beth for your responses.
>

> On 6-Mar-09, at 9:52 AM, Marc Kerr wrote:
>
>> So apparently I still haven't been removed form this mailing list
>> can some one contact the admin of the list and have them remove me.
>> I did not subscribe to the list and don't have to login and
>> unsubscribe.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Marc Kerr
>>
>> On Mar 6, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Beth Kirschner wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This is an unfortunate side-effect of the way information is stored
>>> in
>>> Sakai. Page titles (e.g. Welcome, About) are considered dynamic data
>>> that is stored in the database, not in properties files. You can
>>> modify these page titles by updating the SQL scripts prior to
>>> installation, but another approach would be to modify them using the
>>> admin tools:
>>>
>>> 1) Log in as admin
>>> 2) Select "Worksite Setup"
>>> 3) Select the checkbox next to "Gateway" and select the "Revisar"