[Using Sakai] Where to find contact information for Schools' Sakai Documentation/Support

Amber D. Evans adevans at vt.edu
Mon Jun 29 13:14:25 PDT 2009

Hello,

To cover my bases, I've cross-posted to both sakai-user and
end-user-support.  I apologize for duplicates you may receive.  Although
I've been "lurking" on and reading the listservs for awhile, I'm still not
sure if I sent this request to the right place, so please let me know
who/where else I should send this email if necessary.

I am the current Training and Documentation Coordinator at Virginia Tech.
We currently use Sakai (we call it Scholar) and are in the middle of making
a transition from Blackboard to Sakai.  In order to meet the high demand for
training and support services, I have been researching the Sakai Project
documentation page (at
http://www.sakaiproject.org/portal/site/sakai-documentation) for some time
now.  Again, I came across the many online video tutorials.

I was wondering if any of the schools listed would be willing to: (1) share
the original Adobe Captivate or Camtasia raw files with me and my team, (2)
allow us to reuse/repurpose the videos prefaced with our own splash screen,
and/or (3) what kind of acknowledgment (if any) would be required in or as
part of the videos if we were able to reuse video materials.  Any response
(yay, nay, or negotiable) regarding this matter directly to me (at
adevans at vt.edu) would be greatly appreciated.  (Perhaps we have something in
return we can exchange with you?)

Also, I'm wondering if someone (or somewhere on the SakaiProject.org
Documentation page) is there be a list of emails or contact pages for the
various Sakai support teams at each of the schools providing
documentation/training/support?  If there is a better way to get in touch
with other instructional designers, tech writers, or trainers, (other than
the list-servs) I'd like to know that as well, too.

Thanks in advance to any replies that come my way.

Sincerely,
Amber D. Evans

Training and Documentation Coordinator, Online Course Systems (OCS)
= = =
Learning Technologies, Virginia Tech, 1220B Torgersen Hall (0292),
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540.231.8053  |  adevans at vt.edu  |  http://amsdiane.blogspot.com/
= = =
"Non scholae sed vitae discimus"  ("We learn not for school but for life")
 -Seneca