[Using Sakai] Home Page Components [and Templates

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Thu Jun 25 07:20:08 PDT 2009

On 24 Jun Mark Norton wrote:
> Well, to be fair, Sakai has the provisions to allow you to customize
> any course site including adding or removing tools without rebuilding
> Sakai. The site info tool allows you to do this, I believe. However,
> many institutions don't allow instructors to have access to this tool.
> That is a policy set by a school, not a function of how Sakai is
> designed/built. - Mark Norton
We have the Site Info tool enabled. The problem I'm having is that I
can't enable some tools without also adding them to the Home Page in
synoptic view. This latter behavior does seem to be built-in.

--
Dr. Marshall Feldman, PhD
Director of Research and Academic Affairs

Center for Urban Studies and Research
The University of Rhode Island
email: marsh @ uri .edu (remove spaces)

      Contact Information:

        Kingston:

202 Hart House
Charles T. Schmidt Labor Research Center
The University of Rhode Island
36 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881-0815
tel. (401) 874-5953: