[Using Sakai] Alternatives to WebDAV (FTP?)

Luke Fernandez luke.fernandez at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:00:58 PDT 2009

Over the years we've also found WebDav to be unreliable between
Windows machines and Sakai.   Here are two possible alternatives that
*might* alleviate some of the headache:

1) Use a WebDav client rather than the one built into Windows.  (My
*hunch* is that this should help although I have yet to find a WebDav
client I'm happy with)
2) Track whether Sakai upload will be supporting automatic extraction
of uploaded zip files   (I don't know what the status of this is; its
been around for at least a couple years in Blackboard and Moodle).

Cheers,

Luke