[Using Sakai] Alternatives to WebDAV (FTP?)

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Tue Jun 23 08:01:28 PDT 2009

Hi,

My university is converting from WebCT to Sakai for next fall. So far,
WebDAV is the only method we have to move multiple files to the Sakai
server. WebDAV on Windows is notoriously buggy
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webdav#Microsoft_Windows>, and I have been
unable to get it to work with our server and my PC. Furthermore,
html-authoring software like KompoZer <http://kompozer.net/>have
built-in FTP with synchronization, whereas WebDAV would have to be
treated as a directory (no mirroring) and synchronization would not be
built in.

Are there any alternatives to WebDAV for maintaining multiple-files one
Sakai? In particular, is anyone out there using FTP?

Thanks.

    Marsh Feldman
--
Dr. Marshall Feldman, PhD
Director of Research and Academic Affairs

Center for Urban Studies and Research
The University of Rhode Island
email: marsh @ uri .edu (remove spaces)

      Contact Information:

        Kingston:

202 Hart House
Charles T. Schmidt Labor Research Center
The University of Rhode Island
36 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881-0815
tel. (401) 874-5953: