[Using Sakai] Random multi-part questions in Quizzes

Horst Hohberger horst at sjtu.edu.cn
Thu Jun 11 21:05:31 PDT 2009

Dear list,

I couldn't find the following question in the archives. I make the
usual apologies for being a comparative newbie and asking a possibly
dumb question. I want to implement questions in the tests&quizzes
section as follows:

Exercise 1:
One introductory paragraph with data/attachments, followed by questions

a) text-entry
b) multiple choice
c) fill-in the blanks
d) ...

I have implemented this for a single exercise, by creating the
Exercise as a "part" and a), b), c) etc. as individual questions. If
all questions in a given Part are displayed on a single web page (I
found the setting) this works quite well.

However, now I want to create a pool with random exercises of the
above type. Then the procedure will not work, because a randomly
drawn question may well include part a) from random exercise 1, part
b) from random exercise 2 and so on. I tried using sub-pools, but
they do not seem suited for this. Can anyone give me any advice on
how to achieve random multi-part questions? I am using SAKAI 2.5.3.

Regards,

Horst