[Using Sakai] Portable Links to Resources

Paul Dagnall dagnalpb at notes.udayton.edu
Thu Jul 30 13:52:49 PDT 2009

Specifically Samigo is our biggest area where we need to have some way
to make links to resources portable.

Right now, if an instructor creates 100 quiz questions that each include
a picture (from the Site's Resources), the url to the image is hardcoded
for the specific site. Unless I'm missing something, in order to copy
the questions to a different site, they will have to update all 100
questions individually.

Is there a workaround for this? I thought about the instructor
exclusively using their Resources directory in their personal Workspace,
but could that present a security problem if some jerk figures out the
path?

Thank you.

Paul