[Using Sakai] Recommended Windows platform for serving up Sakai?

Dave Ross dave.ross at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:26:38 PDT 2009

We are currently running 2.4.x in a 100% Windows Server 2003 32bit
environment - but soon moving to a 2.5.x 100% Windows Server 2008 64bit
Environment.

Some things to consider:

- There needs to be domain-based authentication between the app servers and
the "file server" (depending on what you use on the backend to store files).
To do this properly, the Tomcat service should be run as a domain user who
has privileges to the share where your content hosting files are.

- MySQL only recently started supporting 64 bit windows - this is what held
off our move for a while. This will allow our database server to utilize a
lot more RAM.

For us, the reason we are on Windows is because it's the standard server OS
in our organization.