[WG: Sakai QA] Quick update of Status of Sakai 10

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri May 9 09:26:38 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev , sakai-qa, sakai-pmc]

I plan on sending out an announcement next week to the broader
community, but wanted to give y'all a heads up.

We were hoping to release QA07 this week, but we were not able to
resolve all the blocker bugs. However, we are down to only 2 or 3
blocker bugs and it seems likely they will be resolved shortly. I am
thinking it is very likely that we will have a QA07 for next week, and
it is likely that QA07 will be the final iteration of QA before we have
our first release candidate, RC01.

We have 118 issues resolved between QA06 and QA07 [1] . That is huge!

There are still issues that need verifying to get merged in to the Sakai
10 branch [2]. Any and all help is appreciated.

I am thinking that what we need for QA is primarily:

a) QA the resolved Jiras [2]

b) In QA07 and/or RC01, some basic testing in EVERY tool, to get some
confidence that no obvious regressions have been introduced by the
fixes. Ideally we would have full regression, but I don't think we
enough people-power to achieve this.

c) I don't think we had any testing on the Site Stats tool (or very
little) throughout the QA process. Not sure why, but seems like
everything else got a bit of a workout. Any volunteers to test the Site
Stats tool?

[1] Resolved issues for QA07 -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=14572

[2] Needs qa to merge into Sakai 10 branch -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?filter=14328

Thanks!
Neal

--