[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.0 at 100% release!

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Jun 30 07:45:58 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev, sakai-qa, sakai-pmc]

Dear Community,

The Sakai Core Team is happy to publish Sakai 10.0 for general
availability (aka production)! Congratulations worldwide team! You did
an awesome job.

Special thanks to Matt Jones, Longsight, for putting in an insane number
of hours for the final release process. (He assures me it should be less
work for later releases. I hope so!)

Sakai 10 builds on the solid work of the Sakai 2.9.3 release. We have
two new tool contributions, better support for audio and video using
HTML 5, infrastructure improvements, about 50 security fixes,
performance improvements, a number of new features, and close to 2,000
fixes! Over 40 institutions worldwide contributed to making this release
a success. [1]

Tag
10.0 tag: svn co
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-10.0 10.0

Release notes in English, Spanish and Chinese
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+10+Release+Notes

Artifacts for download
Demo
Demo: The Sakai Demo is a pre-built version of Sakai with Apache Tomcat
and a simple configuration, perfect for a quick and easy demo of Sakai.
The Sakai demo is NOT intended for large scale implementations. It is
suitable only for evaluating the software, exploring features (i.e.
property settings), and running small pilot implementations on a single
server.

Win -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-demo-10.0.zip
         -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-demo-10.0.zip.MD5

Mac/ *nix -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-demo-10.0.tar.gz
          -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-demo-10.0.tar.gz.MD5

Binary
Binary: The Sakai Binary is a pre-built version of Sakai without Apache
Tomcat, jar dependencies, or extra configuration files. Download the
Binary release if you want to just drop the Sakai bundle into a
pre-existing Tomcat environment.

Win -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-bin-10.0.zip
         -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-bin-10.0.zip.MD5

Mac/ *nix -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-bin-10.0.tar.gz
                   -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-bin-10.0.tar.gz.MD5

Source
Source: Start from Source if you plan to make any code-level changes to
your Sakai system.

Win -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-src-10.0.zip
         -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-src-10.0.zip.MD5

Mac/ *nix -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-src-10.0.tar.gz
                   -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.0/artifacts/sakai-src-10.0.tar.gz.MD5

Licensing
The Sakai 10 series is licensed under the: Educational Community License
version 2.0.

[1] Please check to ensure your institution is listed in the
Acknowledgements if they made a significant contribution to the Sakai 10
release, including development, patches, qa testing, and documentation.
Thanks. -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+10+Acknowledgements

Thanks,

Neal Caidin