[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.3 released!

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Dec 19 12:11:28 PST 2014

Dear sakai-dev and sakai-qa,

The Sakai Core Team is happy to publish Sakai 10.3 for general
availability (aka production)! Congratulations worldwide team! About 200
fixes.

10.3 has been updated in Jira and we have a new 10.4 [tentative] version
available.

Sakai 10.3 builds on the solid work of the Sakai 10.2 release. Several
enhancements are included. Enhancements include compatibility with
Tomcat 7.0.56+, anonymous grading of Assignments, display of gradebook
to students controlled by property, Lessons ability to store Lessons
material in a single predefined folder, Samigo Test and Quizzes Add/Edit
Parts Interface has been improved and the ability to transfer ownership
of question pools is added. Eight security issues have been fixed.

Tag
10.3 tag: svn co
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-10.3 10.3

Release notes
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+10+Release+Notes

10.3 source page
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.3/

Artifacts for download
Demo
Demo: The Sakai Demo is a pre-built version of Sakai with Apache Tomcat
and a simple configuration, perfect for a quick and easy demo of Sakai.
The Sakai demo is NOT intended for large scale implementations. It is
suitable only for evaluating the software, exploring features (i.e.
property settings), and running small pilot implementations on a single
server.

Win -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.3/artifacts/sakai-demo-10.3.zip
         -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.3/artifacts/sakai-demo-10.3.zip.MD5

Mac/ *nix -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.3/artifacts/sakai-demo-10.3.tar.gz
          -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.3/artifacts/sakai-demo-10.3.tar.gz.MD5

Binary
Binary: The Sakai Binary is a pre-built version of Sakai without Apache
Tomcat, jar dependencies, or extra configuration files. Download the
Binary release if you want to just drop the Sakai bundle into a
pre-existing Tomcat environment.

Win -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.3/artifacts/sakai-bin-10.3.zip
         -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.3/artifacts/sakai-bin-10.3.zip.MD5

Mac/ *nix -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.3/artifacts/sakai-bin-10.3.tar.gz
                   -
http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/10.3/artifacts/sakai-bin-10.3.tar.gz.MD5

Licensing
The Sakai 10 series is licensed under the: Educational Community License
version 2.0.

A more general announcement will go to the broader community.

P.S. Please let me know if you see any documentation that needs
updating. I've also updated at
https://www.sakaiproject.org
https://www.sakaiproject.org/current-release
https://www.sakaiproject.org/node/105