[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10 Web Content tool testing

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Apr 4 12:01:12 PDT 2014

[sakai-qa and sakai-dev]

Hey all,

I'm testing the Web Content tool in Sakai 10 (on the Longsight QA05
server) and one thing puzzles me.

Based on the video from Dr. Chuck [1], his web site should come up
within the iFrame because it does not use x-frame options. I remember
testing this a year ago and that is how it worked. But now, it comes up
in it's own window or tab. I'm testing on Mac/Firefox, Mac/Chrome,
Mac/Safari and Windows 7/IE 11. In fact, this is the behavior for
everything. All the tests I run for different web sites, and a broken
link, all come up in their own windows or tabs in the browser. The
broken link seems to go to my ISP's search page.

Nothing comes up within the iFrame. Is this expected behavior? Any other
sites you recommend I test with?

I'm testing with  Google, Facebook, www.dr-chuck.com , and a made up,
intentionally broken, link.

[1] Dr. Chuck's video on updated web content tool -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlY8fdVVLHM

Thanks,
Neal

--