[WG: Sakai QA] New forums feature "Automatically create multiple topics for groups" on 2.9x

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Jan 11 13:30:57 PST 2013

Hi Andrea,

To me this looks like a bug.

I created a new topic under the default forum. I create a new topic and chose automatically create topics for groups. I created a topic for two groups. When I log in as student, I see both group topics even though I am only in one group, and I can post to both group topics.

If I come back in as instructor and set the permissions for student to "none" on both topics, then when I log back in as student I only see the topic for my group. That seems like it would be more the expected behavior, but should happen automatically as part of the "automatically create topics for groups" option. Thinking a Jira might be in order.

Thanks,
Neal