[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai permissions question

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Dec 20 06:42:35 PST 2013

[sakai-dev, and sakai-qa]

Hey all,

Question about permissions, using Announcements as an example.

The default permissions for a TA for Announcements tool is the same as
for a student. See enclosed screenshot. But, if you create a group and
put the TA in the group, the TA's permissions are much more powerful,
which does kind of make sense. However those permission settings are
only available through the Admin realms tool?  The instructor cannot
control the permissions for group Announcements through the site?

A TA can then create an announcement but only if she is a member of a
group, and only for that group. If I'm the instructor, I look at
permissions, it doesn't look as though the TA should be able to create
an announcement at all.

Is this expected behavior? Is there no way for an instructor to manage
permissions at the group level?

Thanks,
Neal

--