[WG: Sakai QA] Potential 2.9.0 blocker

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Nov 7 07:40:50 PST 2012

I think this would be more of a question for tomorrow. I don't consider
this a blocker because it doesn't prevent core functionality of Lessons.
There are however options that we'd probably want to discuss at tomorrow
meeting. (The 2.9.0 wouldn't start until later tomorrow anyway)

- Since 2.9.0 isn't going to be an *exact copy *of rc03 (everything has to
be re-released) we could just include this fix and continue with 2.9.0 as
planned.
  - I don't even know how I'd technically do an 'exact copy'. What we were
going to do as procedure is not merge anything for this week to keep it
exact. However it looks like this fix is already merged into the
appropriate Lessons branch so it would be picked up no matter what we did.
(Unless we actively reverted it)
- We could re-release *everything* again as rc04 and delay the release
until the next release window (which was defined as 11/20)
- We could do a new release of only Lessons with this fix and include that
in the 2.9.0. This might be a more proper procedure, but it wouldn't
*really* make any difference as 2.9.0 is different than 2.9.0-rc03
(1.4.0-rc03 in Lessons case). This would be a good idea for a 2.9.1 release
though.

We really just need to get over this 2.9.0 release hurdle, then indies can
release on their own whatever versions they want, and only the core is
bound to the release version tag. I think everything would just work out
better.

I'd lean toward testing this on the 2.9.x nightly server, if it works there
just release 2.9.0 as planned including this fix.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Neal Caidin <nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org