[WG: Sakai QA] Upgrade: Jira 4.2.2->4.4 and Confluence 3.4.6->4.1 (30/31 March 2012)

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Mon Mar 26 16:59:05 PDT 2012

Members of the CLE team have requested that we upgrade the Community Jira instance from 4.2 to 4.4 in order to leverage a variety of improvements including a visual workflow designer.  In order to perform the Jira upgrade we will also need to upgrade Confluence from version 3.4.6 to 4.1 since changes to Jira's user database requires Confluence 4.1 or greater in order to support user delegation.  The upgrade is tentatively scheduled for this Friday, 10 PM PDT.  The maintenance window is between 2-4 hours.

Jira 4.4=Visual Workflow Designer, a Workflow Viewer from the 'View Issue' page, simplified Administration and user-specific Time Zones. We are also very pleased to announce that the JIRA installation and upgrade processes have been improved and largely automated, etc [1].

Confluence 4.1=Autoconvert feature, new image effects, find and replace, new icons, improved translation features and global PDF stylesheets, etc [2].

If you object to either the timing or the upgrade itself please reply on list.

Cheers,

Anthony

[1] Jira 4.4 release notes: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+4.4+Release+Notes
[2] Confluence 4.1 release notes: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.1+Release+Notes