[WG: Sakai QA] Newbie questions about QA work

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Tue Jun 26 05:55:49 PDT 2012

Hi everybody.

I would like to help as much as possible as Functional Tester, just to
contribute to speed up a little the 2.9 version's development.

I have joined this list an signed myself at the Testers Wall, starting
with a 5 hours commitment.

I would like to know if I'm working correctly. Beginning at the QA
page's JIRA list at Confluence (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13243
), I'm looking for the tickets whose 2.9 version is set as "Resolved"
and (if I am able to understand what has been fixed) testing them in one
of the 2.9.x QA servers ( specifically, in
http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8087/portal/ ). After testing them, I
write a comment in the related JIRA telling if the behaviour has been
correct.

For example, my last two comments are at:

Could somebody tell me if this is enough? Should I make any other step
to allow the ticket to be set as "Closed" for 2.9.x?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.