[WG: Sakai QA] Status of 2.9.1

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Dec 18 07:01:48 PST 2012

Hey All,

Out of 78 Jira issues tagged for 2.9.1, 74 have been fixed/verified and merged. However, we did not make our milestones and it seems clear to me, because of the holidays, that we are not going to make a December date.

We have one blocker issue to get resolved before RC01 can be built - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22978  .  It seems likely that will be resolved in the next several days and can get merged into 2.9.x .

Even though we cannot make the December date, we should try and get 2.9.1 out as soon as possible both so it is available for institutions to use and so we can move on to 2.9.2 and 2.10.  2.9.1 will include the updated Help documentation, a couple of performance fixes like SAK-22978, a number of Accessibility fixes, and more.

Testing
---------------
What : 2.9.x testing - We are testing issues that were fixed in trunk and merged into 2.9.x . We are testing them in 2.9.x to look for any regressions that might appear around the merged issues.

Which issues: List of issues to test - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13621

Test Server: 2.9.x test server - http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8087/portal

Google doc - http://bit.ly/29xtestfest

High level Jira for Regressions - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23056