[WG: Sakai QA] Testing KNL-817

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Wed Apr 25 05:17:50 PDT 2012

QA folks. I have a really fun one for testing so I wanted to add a
comment here to flag it up. This ticket should speed up file moves for
large files or large numbers of files substantially and is important
for 2.9 but it needs some serious testing to be sure it is safe.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-817

I added some comments about how to QA it but it will require access to
the server and database in order to verify it is actually working
correctly. Not sure how this tends to be handled so this is mostly a
heads up. Also note that if this is fixed incorrectly it could result
in data loss during resource moves so careful and thorough testing is
crucial here.

-AZ