[WG: Sakai QA] 2.9 Feature list

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Nov 4 09:16:27 PDT 2011

Okay I tested this.

It would be nice if we had an real an agreed upon real list of what we plan
to officially support as a central development community going forward.

I'd expect that for 2.9 to be Firefox/Safari/Chrome and IE. But is it
current and current-1 or does it also include current-2?

That would be IE9 (current), IE8 (current-1), IE7 (current-2)
Firefox 4/5/6/7 (all essentially the current), 3.6 (current-1), 3.5
(current-2)
Safari Lion (current), Snow Leopard (current-1), Leopard (current-2)
Chrome 5.0-10.0 were 2010 and 11.0-17.0 were 2011 . . . and it nags you to
upgrade so I'd just worry about current

Maybe it's different for different platforms? Since Firefox and Chrome are
easily downloaded and upgraded, ONLY testing current makes more sense.
Since IE and Safari are packed with the OS, maybe testing back to current-2
is a good idea?

Then there's the mobile browsers - Android 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, the tablets, iOS
4, 5. It doesn't seem like we can claim full support for everything for
sure. ;)