[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 2.7.2 and 2.8.1 blockers

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Aug 4 14:37:58 PDT 2011

I tested both of the conversion scripts for 2.7.2 and 2.8.1.

After fixing the script on 2.7.2 to split the column size change and the not
null, the conversion completed and the liquibase comparison was successful.
I committed this to reference trunk and it needs to be merged to the
appropriate branch(es). I would consider SAK-20933 resolved after this and
2.7.2 ready to go as far as blockers.

(Commits for Oracle on this issue)

(2.7.2 Database test blocker)

As far as 2.8.1, the conversion script has 2 errors on Oracle.

FAILURE: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected NUMBER got LONG
-- failed command:
update ANNOUNCEMENT_MESSAGE set MESSAGE_ORDER='1', XML=replace(XML, '
subject=', ' message_order="1" subject=') where MESSAGE_ORDER is null;
FAILURE: ORA-22858: invalid alteration of datatype
-- failed command:
alter table SAKAI_MESSAGE_BUNDLE modify DEFAULT_VALUE text null;

For some reason, XML in ANNOUNCEMENT_MESSAGE is still "LONG"
alter table ANNOUNCEMENT_MESSAGE modify XML CLOB;

fixes that. This was done to mailarchive and many other tables a while ago (
SAK-16463).

And text is not a valid datatype in Oracle for the other statement, it's
only trying to change it to null anyway so should be
alter table SAKAI_MESSAGE_BUNDLE modify DEFAULT_VALUE null;