[WG: Sakai QA] Request for QA servers global change

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Mar 25 08:28:20 PDT 2010

I think that QA's are just using the default sakai.properties with some
local overrides as requested. There's no common set of QA overrides.

We should just have a local.properties file for the QA's servers so we're
all on the same page. I was working on a script so we could easily see what
all QA server properties are but I stalled on that when some other stuff
came up. I'll finish that off soon though.

On the 2 QA's I run I have a:

local.properties = specific QA overrides that have been requested
security.properties = database settings

The does require adding a sakai.security property to the JAVA_OPTS though.

-Dsakai.security=/home/tomcat/security/

The locale settings I'm overriding using includes en_DEBUG

locales = en_US, en_GB, en_AU, en_NZ, en_ZA, ja_JP, ko_KR, nl_NL, zh_CN,
zh_TW, es_ES, fr_CA, fr_FR, ca_ES, sv_SE, ar, ru_RU, pt_PT, pt_BR, eu ,
en_DEBUG