[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai QA] QA Server Confusion

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Wed Jan 13 06:30:55 PST 2010

Is it possible to manage the hostnames/ports such that this doesn't
happen transiently?

If a hostname/port is to be decommissioned or changed to a different
release line, I should imagine that this would be a part of the gross
release cycle or due to hardware additions/subtractions.

Being down temporarily to double-dip on hardware (though not ideal)
is tolerable, but someone should get what they expect (same release
line, maybe a different tag) or nothing when they use, e.g., a
bookmark. Consulting Confluence to figure out what you're going to
get is a lot of overhead. Stuff from .x branches should really only
be on "nightly" servers, saving the QA moniker for metered iteration.

Specifically, if we need a 2-5-x-qa in NL, can we get a new hostname
for this or run on a separate port?

Thanks,
-Noah