[WG: Sakai QA] Status: Sakai QA for the 2.7 release

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Thu Feb 25 08:28:28 PST 2010

Hi all,

Currently every two weeks Anthony Whyte releases a  beta  tag for the 2.7 QA process. We are now at beta 3 and will release beta 4 in about 8 days. The current criteria for transition to a release candidate is that it occurs after there are no outstanding blockers and all critical issues have been assigned with a clear time to finish. This criteria is documented at http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/QA+Milestone+Boundries. Release candidates being more stable, will have a cycle of 3 weeks.

The current overview of testing can be found at: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/2.7.0+Changes  and the 133 resolved issues are mentioned at http://issues.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12081
Not including the Indie projects there are 224 open issues http://issues.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12191. Currently there are around 600 unassigned Jira's so that they can be reviewed over time by the maintenance team.

At this point in the process any extra resources for testing or cleaning up are well spent and will positively impact the transition time to release candidate. Feel free to sign up to testing at: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/QA+Testers+Wall

I am very pleased by the individual efforts of the QA admins, maintenance team and testers, though I will not name individual names as that risks embarrassment :)

I will send a further update in two weeks time.

Alan

Alan Berg
Interim QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance
Group Education and Research Services
Central Computer Services
University of Amsterdam