[WG: Sakai QA] Release Managment Call, Thursday, 4 February 2010, 10 AM EST

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Feb 3 15:10:43 PST 2010

I recommend we talk issues tomorrow, particularly the large backlog of
resolved issues (n=296 as I write) that per Jira have yet to be
tested, verified, closed and merged to 2.7.x.

We may want to consider holding a special RM meeting to review these
issues (issue by issue).  The large number could prove a challenge for
QA, both community and local.  Perhaps this group of issues should be
triaged for fixes that can be bumped to a 2.7.1 release.

Cheers,

Anth

Connection Info
	• Telephone (Sakai001): +1 812 856 7060
	• Internet: 156.56.240.9
	• Conference Code: 348#
	• PIN: 72524#
AgendaI. Outstanding action items:
Release 2.5.6/2.6.2 (DONE)

RM space pages:

Versioning document (TODO)

Generic doc re: prepping projects to use the Maven release plugin (TODO)

We need a 2.7.0 description/highlights doc/email to community. (TODO)

II. Release scheduling and Issues review
Discuss holding a special RM meeting to review 2.7.0 issues.  There
are currently 296 resolved issues that need testing and verification
before merging.  This could prove a challenge for QA, both community
and local.  Perhaps this group of issues should be triaged for fixes
that can be bumped to a 2.7.1 release.

Sakai 2.7.0-b02
Closed issues (merged): http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12251

Closed issues (to merge): http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12212