[WG: Sakai QA] 2.5.x maintenance and Entity Broker

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 8 08:58:14 PDT 2009

2009/9/8 Anthony Whyte <arwhyte at umich.edu>:
> The EB 2.5.x branch pom <version> = 1.3.3.  Assuming the fixes are not
> post-1.3.6 EB (the latest release) it might do well to bind the 2.5.x branch
> to a known EB release like we now do with the Kernel (K1) for 2.6.   EB
> 1.3.6 is the latest and currently binds to pre-K1 dependencies) utilizing
> the deployer package that Aaron wrote for it.

I like the way K1 gets deployed in 2.6 and have done a quick hack of
this method for SiteStats.

Changing how some code gets deployed on a stable branch might cause
people surprises when pulling in new changes and lead to any local
changes to entitybroker getting lost. Although if it isn't easy to
port the changes to 2.5.x maybe it's the only way left.

--
  Matthew Buckett