[WG: Sakai QA] 2.6.1 update (refresh to 2.6.x -r67199; blocker remains)

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Mon Oct 5 13:23:50 PDT 2009

I've updated the sakai-2.6.x-qa branch to 2.6.x, r67199.  See below
for a list of Jira issues addressed since the last refresh (r67107 on
2 Oct).  QA server admins supporting this release should deploy this
2.6.x-qa refresh at their earliest convenience.

One blocker stands in the way of cutting the 2.6.1 release: conversion
scripts.  Matt Jones has updated the conversion scripts but they have
yet to be merged into 2.6.x, pending testing verification.  Testing
out these scripts by someone other than Matt would be appreciated.
Note also that Matt's script work does not cover DB2.

Please review the details below, particularly the small set of non-
blocker open issues marked with a fix version of 2.6.1.  I recommend
they be bumped to 2.6.2.

Cheers,

Anthony

_________________________________

svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-2.6.x-qa/
  sakai-2.6.x-qa

HIGHLIGHTS

2.6.1 blockers n=1
	conversion scripts http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17080
2.6.1 resolved issues (to merge) (n=1)
	http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12109
	assignments http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-14919
2.6.1 open issues (n=7)
	http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12107

2.6.x merge candidates (n=14)*
	http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12075
	None of these merge candidates are listed for 2.6.1 (or 2.6.2 for
that matter)

ISSUES ADDRESSED BY THIS REFRESH

SAK-15994, SAK-16734 - Upgrading 2.6.x to FCKeditor 2.6.4.1, with
Sakai-specific enhancements, including FCKeditor ticket #2522
SAK-15994 - Fixing up svn:eol-style in 26x
KNL-139 Upgrade cglib to 2.2
SAK-15651: Missing categories file messages are now logged as INFO
(not WARN)
SAK-14995 fix db2 issue
SAK-14827 PDA tweeks for LoginTool and portal vm default skin.
SAK-14568
SAK-13771 lower log level from error to warn on transaction table check.
SAK-15911 to 2.6.x - Cannot tell result of Form save attempt -
disallows autosave
SAK-15911 - Adding metaobj.save.cookies property to 2.6.x
sakai.properties docs.

BLOCKER (conversion scripts)

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17080

Matt Jones has taken time to update the conversion scripts but they
have yet to be merged into 2.6.x, pending testing verification.

"I have run these scripts multiple times testing out the fix for
SAK-16548 and verifying the other conversions are in. I haven't found
any issues with it and have confirmed that it fixes the errors. It
would be appreciated to have someone else agree with this though
before it's signed off on."

DB2: also as Matt reported on 2 Oct 2009:

> Also note, I don't have any idea how to write these to work in DB2.
> If someone wants to make a DB2 version and needs any tips for what I
> did
> to come up for the updates I'll be happy to go into details. It
> seemed like for oracle I was able to do the unicode a lot more
> straightforward and copy the codes out of the .properties files. For
> mysql I had to take the characters and do hex replacement of the
> string data as it expected that the programming language take care
> of the UTF-8 conversion.

2.6.1 OPEN ISSUES (n=7)

Not counting the single blocker, there are six other issues with a fix
version of 2.6.1 and a priority of "major" or less that are not
resolved.   I recommend that these 6 issues be bumped to 2.6.2 by
their respective assignees (Zhen, Megan).

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12107