[WG: Sakai QA] Update: sakai-2.6.x-qa .externals refresh (to 2.6.x r67107)

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Oct 2 12:29:00 PDT 2009

As Anthony Mentioned,

Any old assignments marked without a grade (depending on your
language) will not come up with any message in the grade box without
the conversion. It would be helpful if someone else could verify
(perhaps with a database backup if you're worried about old data) that
the conversion scripts work on your database (actually converts rows)
and old "No Grade" assignments come up. (Related to SAK-16548) I have
been verifying this on oracle and mysql for a few hours the last few
days and haven't found any issues with it.

Most of the updates won't actually update anything as they each target
a specific language which we probably don't have on the QA's.

The other conversions should be trivial to verify, this one required some work.

http://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reference/trunk/docs/conversion/sakai_2_6_0-2_6_1_mysql_conversion.sql
http://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reference/trunk/docs/conversion/sakai_2_6_0-2_6_1_oracle_conversion.sql

Also note, I don't have any idea how to write these to work in DB2. If
someone wants to make a DB2 version and needs any tips for what I did
to come up for the updates I'll be happy to go into details. It seemed
like for oracle I was able to do the unicode a lot more
straightforward and copy the codes out of the .properties files. For
mysql I had to take the characters and do hex replacement of the
string data as it expected that the programming language take care of
the UTF-8 conversion.

I also expect that on a non-UTF-8 database that the scripts will work
and convert the English/Spanish text but do nothing to the rest.

Thanks