[WG: Sakai QA] Release Process Proposal

Clay Fenlason clay.fenlason at et.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 24 08:20:33 PDT 2009

I'd promised a week ago a specific proposal for a release process,
building on discussions at the project coordination meetings and
on-list [1].  I now have a draft of this proposal on Confluence, which
focuses on the release process for 2.x over the next 10-12 months:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Release+Proposal+2009 [2]

My plan is to continue to develop/refine this proposal with comment
from the community over the course of the next week, and if no
'blocker' disagreements emerge in discussion, I will act to coordinate
the 'Next Steps' laid out in the proposal fairly quickly. Some of the
details in the proposal can be revised as we go, but I'm eager to get
started and allow as much time as possible to follow through on its
aims, so I'll urge eveyone to take a close look and offer up questions
and comment as soon as they can.

~Clay

[1] http://www.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--2.7-Release-Discussion-to24541385.html
[2] http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Release+Proposal+2009