[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 2.6.0 Update - 03 July, 2009

Pete Peterson plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 3 17:32:55 PDT 2009

Greetings,

We are nearing the end of the Sakai 2.6.0 release process and are addressing a few remaining issues.  Many thanks to the early-adopters (University of Cape Town, Indiana, Rutgers, Yale, and others) who are currently running release candidates of 2.6.0 successfully in production or in their test environments, as they have played a significant role in helping to identify and address these last critical issues.  Overall for this release there will have been 1096 bugs fixed and 496 enhancements added.

With the proximity of the upcoming Sakai Conference in Boston, many key community resources are currently engaged elsewhere.  So the final packaging and testing of the Sakai 2.6.0 release will need to wait until after the conference.  The official release of 2.6.0 is currently planned for Friday, 17 July 2009.

For more details on this release, please see the following:

*         2.6.0<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/RQAiAQ> (Release Management for Sakai 2.6.0)

*         2.6.0-rc06 QA<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/2.6+QA+SUMMARY> (Regression, Smoke, and Sanity QA tests)

For those interested in getting started earlier and able to create their own build from source code of Sakai-2.6.0-rc06, we are confident that the rc06 tag will represent the 2.6.0 final release. You could therefore begin your installation process now by building from that tag.

Thank you for your support,

Pete Peterson
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu