[WG: Sakai QA] URGENT - Sakai-2.6.0-rc01 QA Reports Request

Pete Peterson plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 28 16:07:28 PDT 2009

Greetings,

Please send me an update of your testing thus far of Sakai 2.6.0-rc01 ASAP.

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Pete Peterson
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Phone: +1-530-754-7259

Greetings,

The 2.6.0-rc01tag has been released and is installed on several QA servers already, see  the QA Test Servers<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/Test+instances> page for the complete list.  Many of you have been testing this for quite some time and now we are very near to a full release. With that in mind I hope you can muster one more QA surge and help us really put this release to the test.

Here is the information to get started:

QA Checklist and Release Schedule

*         2.6.0 Release Changes - This site has the list of jiras related to new functionality and features in 2.6.0. testing results can be reviewed here as well.

*         Sakai 2.6.0 Release<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Sakai+2.6> - this page shows the status of the release and related links to documentation.

Things to remember

*         Sakai Jira Guidelines<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/MGT/Sakai+Jira+Guidelines> -  good information on all Sakai reporting including QA

*         Report findings on the confluence reporting pages. Brief and clear is perfect, with a reference to the jira or module as needed, e.g.; SAK-XXXXX verified.

*         If you come across a "new" bug do the following:

o   Search jira for an existing or similar bug

o   Create a new jira entry for the bug

o   Annotate the confluence page to reflect your findings

QA Reporting Lexicon (new)
I would like to suggest adopting a standard lexicon of QA terms to be used in jiras and when report results. The following are suggested terminology and definitions:

*         QA SUMMARY - summary of testing plan, OS tested, instance tested on, browser, etc.

*         QA RESULTS - detailed results on the testing

*         QA UFO - Unexpected Functional Oddity: strange anomalies that are not bugs, but perhaps should be addressed or investigated

*         QA VERIFIED - Issues is verified and passes QA, comments

*         QA UNVERIFIED -could not verify because it is not testable or failed QA, comments

Example:
QA SUMMARY
* Sakai QA Network qa5-us (svn tags/sakai-2.6.0-rc01) using Oracle - Built: 12/23/08 22:18 - Sakai sakai-2.6.0-rc01 - Server: tartar, QS: MS Vista, Browser: Firefox and IE7
QA RESULTS
* Fix performed as expected...
QA VERIFIED
* Passed QA testing