[WG: Sakai QA] URGENT - Sakai-2.6.0-rc01 QA Reports Request
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 28 16:07:28 PDT 2009
Please send me an update of your testing thus far of Sakai 2.6.0-rc01 ASAP.
Thanks in advance for all your help,
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
The 2.6.0-rc01tag has been released and is installed on several QA servers already, see the QA Test Servers<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/Test+instances> page for the complete list. Many of you have been testing this for quite some time and now we are very near to a full release. With that in mind I hope you can muster one more QA surge and help us really put this release to the test.
Here is the information to get started:
QA Checklist and Release Schedule
* 2.6.0 Release Changes - This site has the list of jiras related to new functionality and features in 2.6.0. testing results can be reviewed here as well.
* Sakai 2.6.0 Release<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Sakai+2.6> - this page shows the status of the release and related links to documentation.
Things to remember
* Sakai Jira Guidelines<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/MGT/Sakai+Jira+Guidelines> - good information on all Sakai reporting including QA
* Report findings on the confluence reporting pages. Brief and clear is perfect, with a reference to the jira or module as needed, e.g.; SAK-XXXXX verified.
* If you come across a "new" bug do the following:
o Search jira for an existing or similar bug
o Create a new jira entry for the bug
o Annotate the confluence page to reflect your findings
QA Reporting Lexicon (new)
I would like to suggest adopting a standard lexicon of QA terms to be used in jiras and when report results. The following are suggested terminology and definitions:
* QA SUMMARY - summary of testing plan, OS tested, instance tested on, browser, etc.
* QA RESULTS - detailed results on the testing
* QA UFO - Unexpected Functional Oddity: strange anomalies that are not bugs, but perhaps should be addressed or investigated
* QA VERIFIED - Issues is verified and passes QA, comments
* QA UNVERIFIED -could not verify because it is not testable or failed QA, comments
* Sakai QA Network qa5-us (svn tags/sakai-2.6.0-rc01) using Oracle - Built: 12/23/08 22:18 - Sakai sakai-2.6.0-rc01 - Server: tartar, QS: MS Vista, Browser: Firefox and IE7
* Fix performed as expected...
* Passed QA testing
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sakai-qa