[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai-2.6.0-rc01 - URGENT QA Request - UPDATE
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
Sun Apr 26 22:49:49 PDT 2009
UPDATE: we have found several issues that will necessitated that a RC02 tag be cut. We are planning to cut this RC02 tag on Wednesday, April 26, 2009. The RC02 release will have very limited, but necessary changes, that should require minimal testing, and hopefully this will not impact the release dates dramatically. I am asking, urging and encouraging all of you who can help with testing and regression confirmation to put RC01 to the test before Wednesday, so we can address and resolve critical, blocker issues prior to RC02.
Please contact us ASAP if you encounter anything egregious, so we can evaluate and strategize on a course of action.
Thanks in advance for all your help,
QA Director, Sakai Foundation
plpeterson at ucdavis.edu
The 2.6.0-rc01tag has been released and is installed on several QA servers already, see the QA Test Servers<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/Test+instances> page for the complete list. Many of you have been testing this for quite some time and now we are very near to a full release. With that in mind I hope you can muster one more QA surge and help us really put this release to the test.
Here is the information to get started:
QA Checklist and Release Schedule
* 2.6.0 Release Changes - This site has the list of jiras related to new functionality and features in 2.6.0. testing results can be reviewed here as well.
* Sakai 2.6.0 Release<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/REL/Sakai+2.6> - this page shows the status of the release and related links to documentation.
Things to remember
* Sakai Jira Guidelines<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/MGT/Sakai+Jira+Guidelines> - good information on all Sakai reporting including QA
* Report findings on the confluence reporting pages. Brief and clear is perfect, with a reference to the jira or module as needed, e.g.; SAK-XXXXX verified.
* If you come across a "new" bug do the following:
o Search jira for an existing or similar bug
o Create a new jira entry for the bug
o Annotate the confluence page to reflect your findings
QA Reporting Lexicon (new)
I would like to suggest adopting a standard lexicon of QA terms to be used in jiras and when report results. The following are suggested terminology and definitions:
* QA SUMMARY - summary of testing plan, OS tested, instance tested on, browser, etc.
* QA RESULTS - detailed results on the testing
* QA UFO - Unexpected Functional Oddity: strange anomalies that are not bugs, but perhaps should be addressed or investigated
* QA VERIFIED - Issues is verified and passes QA, comments
* QA UNVERIFIED -could not verify because it is not testable or failed QA, comments
* Sakai QA Network qa5-us (svn tags/sakai-2.6.0-rc01) using Oracle - Built: 12/23/08 22:18 - Sakai sakai-2.6.0-rc01 - Server: tartar, QS: MS Vista, Browser: Firefox and IE7
* Fix performed as expected...
* Passed QA testing
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sakai-qa