[WG: Sakai QA] Upgrade to Spring 2.5.6

Zach A. Thomas zach at aeroplanesoftware.com
Wed Apr 8 11:41:27 PDT 2009

Hi everyone. I have submitted two patches (one for kernel trunk, one
for sakai trunk) to upgrade this ball of wax to Spring 2.5.6.

Aaron Zeckoski very helpfully provided me with an update of generic-
dao which was necessary to make this work.

Any comments are welcome. My motivation for doing this is that it is a
pre-requisite for what I _really_ want to do, which is provide full
support for Grails as a tool-development stack for Sakai.

Here's a summary of changes in 2.5.0, and of course there have been
plenty of fixes since then:
http://www.springsource.org/node/561

If these patches are deemed worthy, they must both be applied at the
same time for trunk to remain alive and kicking:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/KNL-150
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-16029

cheers,
Zach Thomas