[sakai-pmc] Time for Community survey(s)?

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Mar 11 05:50:09 PDT 2015

I think it is both for the PMC and for the community. Definitely some
community members reference the information and compare it to their own
use. Plus, I wonder if we should do something that helps schools that use
common tools "find" each other?  We have the institutional level data, but
I'm not sure it is okay to share it with the institutions at that level.
For example, what if I introduced the 35 schools we know use Turnitin
and/or schedule a webinar for them to introduce themselves to each other,
share stories, and compare strategies for the future?

I think I would like to send out a community survey to see if the community
would be open to a survey to figure out additional survey questions. <just
kidding>

Actually, with crowdsourcing, I would simply create a wiki page or use
Google moderator to get input. AFAICT, nobody in the community is saying
that their opinion is asked too frequently and they just "hate" that.

2 cents.

Neal