[sakai-pmc] [sakai-core-team] Negative feedback about Sakai

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 16 08:09:53 PST 2015

On the issue itself: I checked Moodle, Blackboard and Canvas, and if there’s a reasonable way to move several items between folders I don’t see it. The copy / paste metaphor is surely not that foreign. It’s one of two ways to move stuff around in the Mac Finder, after all.

It would make sense, however, to go through our tools finding places where things can be moved and standardize on a single drag and drop interface. We still have a few places with up and down icons I think. For resources, however, I’d certainly want to keep the copy/paste approach as well.

Sakai 11 is moving to a nice new skin. I wonder whether for 12 it would be possible to come up with UI guidelines for tools themselves and start moving at least some of the tools to it.