[sakai-pmc] Strategies to deal with email list archives

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jan 15 06:13:07 PST 2015

I'm not volunteering to write anything, and usually when I want to search
the archives I'll go to nabble or gmane to do the search. The only reason I
ever used the archives really was to be able to link others to emails that
had duplicate answers in them. So just something static out there that we
could rely on for permanence (in-case one of those mirrors was unavailable)
is all I'd personally be interested in. Unless someone did want to write
something anyway.

The container name sounds okay, but maybe just make it mailman? And then
you'd get a CNAME for the domain like
archive.collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/<archives>. Or if we wanted them on
https it would have to be under the nightly domain (
collab.nightly.sakaiproject.org/archives)