[sakai-pmc] [sakai-core-team] Please help with Sakai's Google Summer of Code 2015 application

JOSE MARIANO LUJáN GONZáLEZ jmariano at um.es
Wed Feb 25 04:38:25 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

Just a FYI for #3 since most people might not be aware of.

The Japanese and the Spanish community (Japanish, Spanish, Basque and
Catalan languages) are using *Transifex *instead of Crowdin for current
translation work of Sakai 10 and Trunk. We've been evaluating the tool
and using scripts provided by members of the Ja-Sakai community for
integration with CI servers. So far, so good :) Some work will be
presented at Open Apereo.

https://www.transifex.com/organization/apereo/dashboard/sakai-trunk

Best regards,
Mariano

El 24/02/2015 19:13, Matthew Jones escribió:
> Looks like some good ideas.
>
> #3 - I think this is mostly already done right as part of
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18678 and
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18984 ? The database just
> isn't the default source, used only as overrides. We are currently
> using Crowdin as the default website as the central database.
> (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/I18N/Crowdin.net). I'm
> not sure what the missing piece for this task would be?
>
> #5 - This is a good idea, I'd been thinking about this. I think with
> the removal of iframes it might make it easier to do. In any case it
> seems like it would be a mostly javascript component, similar to the
> portal chat window. It's a good idea though.
>
> #7 - I might just start with Canvabadges and add in the necessary
> hooks so Sakai could use that. Last I saw there were just a few api's
> that needed to be implemented by Sakai to hook up with this. The only
> real downside is it's written in ruby, but someone could probably get
> it up on jruby if they wanted it in the jvm. It feels like it would
> save time over writing a full featured badging tool?
>
> Yeah, regarding your #10, yeah it's a really old FCKEditor picker that
> was modified, but still has a lot of legacy.  I figured we were
> probably better off doing an integration with some finder that's
> already better to start with (like elFinder or KCFinder) rather than
> trying to improve this finder. This is certainly an involved summer
> project.
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Adam Marshall
> <adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk <mailto:adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>     *I just had a look at the wiki page and had a couple of comments.
>
>     Surely #1 ("Better integration with Google Calendar and other
>     calendar services") has been satisfied by Oxford's Private URL
>     work that's already in 2.10? In My Workspace, every student has a
>     link in the Schedule tool to generate a URL that points to an ICS
>     file of all their calendar events.
>
>     It is NOT integrated with the Dashboard tool though.
>
>     #5 - we have done some work on Portal search. Look at
>
>     https://github.com/ColinHebert/Sakai-Search2/tree/master/api
>     https://github.com/ColinHebert/Sakai-Search2/tree/master/impl
>
>     #8 would be brilliant!
>
>     Shall I add the following (mentored by Oxford)?
>
>     #10 rewrite the CK Edit "Resource Browser plug-in" (for want of a
>     better term). As I understand it, the current browser is modified
>     from an FCK plugin 9and to my mind) could look better. Perhaps we
>     could all more functionality?
>
>     Adam
>

>     --
>
>     ** Note change of email address to adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
>     <mailto:adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk> **
>
>     Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.
>     IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.

José Mariano Luján González - Aula Virtual
Area de Tecnologías de la Información
y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)
UNIVERSIDAD DE MURCIA - http://www.um.es