[sakai-pmc] [sakai-core-team] Please help with Sakai's Google Summer of Code 2015 application

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 09:50:40 PST 2015

*I just had a look at the wiki page and had a couple of comments.

Surely #1 ("Better integration with Google Calendar and other calendar services") has been satisfied by Oxford's Private URL work that's already in 2.10? In My Workspace, every student has a link in the Schedule tool to generate a URL that points to an ICS file of all their calendar events.

It is NOT integrated with the Dashboard tool though.

#5 - we have done some work on Portal search. Look at

     https://github.com/ColinHebert/Sakai-Search2/tree/master/api
     https://github.com/ColinHebert/Sakai-Search2/tree/master/impl

#8 would be brilliant!

Shall I add the following (mentored by Oxford)?

#10 rewrite the CK Edit "Resource Browser plug-in" (for want of a better term). As I understand it, the current browser is modified from an FCK plugin 9and to my mind) could look better. Perhaps we could all more functionality?

Adam

--

** Note change of email address to adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.
IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.