[sakai-pmc] [DG: Open Forum] Plan - from Mailman to Google groups

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Feb 2 07:53:09 PST 2015

Great question! Thanks! D'oh.

Yes, we would move the Security email group and the Security contacts
email group, and the Private PMC email group over to Google groups, as
private groups.

I think I forgot to include them in the proposal because when I go to
the collab.sakaiproject.org site, I don't see them (and I was using that
as a checklist, which of course are only showing for public lists).

We will not make public the message archives. So I guess we would lose
old messages, unless someone wants to find a way to move over with APIs
and such. I am making an assumption that Google groups structure can
provide the privacy we need, based on settings. Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

-- Neal

--
Neal Caidin