[sakai-pmc] Update on Stack Overflow sites

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Sep 16 15:22:43 PDT 2014

It looks like about 2-3 new people joined since then. Though what either
project really will need are people active in Stack Exchange who would
actually be active on this site, and not just people who click the button.
That is the bigger phase 2 hurdle when we get to the commitment phase. Both
Apereo and Sakai will probably get out of this first phase soon without a
problem. Someone without reputation across Stack Exchange counts
significantly less on phase 2 than someone who moderately active on some
other Stack Exchange site. To get out of the second phase we need 200 total
people, but 100 of them have to be somewhat active on other Stack Exchange
sites. (200+ rep at least)

I was in a conference call today and was saying we could use some more
people and also talking up Stack Exchange. How there are a variety of
topics and you don't have to be a developer to be involved. Anyone also can
participate in topics of Academia, Travel, Russian Languages and Home
Improvement (to name a few), and looking at those other sites will be of
huge help now and if the site does get launched.

Some of that was why we wanted people to put questions on Stack Overflow
and tag them with "Sakai". So we could at least build up some rep there.
But even with those Sakai questions I still have more rep on Arqade (a
video game Stack Exchange community) than Stack Overflow. ;)