[sakai-pmc] About Sakai on Gateway

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Mar 11 13:08:26 PDT 2014

Hi PMC,

The wording for OOTB Sakai in the About box on the Gateway page is out
of date. At a minimum we should remove CLE and it should either be About
Sakai, or something else.

Should I just remove "CLE" or does someone feel up to putting in a
better marketing pitch on the About? :-)

See below for existing text.

Thanks,
Neal

existing wording
------------------------------
About Sakai CLE

Sakai CLE is a set of software tools designed to help instructors,
researchers, and students create websites for collaboration. Using a web
browser, users choose from a set of features to create a site that meets
their needs.

Here are some examples of websites possible to create using Sakai CLE
software:

     A project director can create a website to make announcements and
share resources, such as documents or links to other resources on the web.
     An instructor can create a website that serves as an online
discussion board for students to collaborate on an assignment
     A student can create a class website to work on and submit
assignments electronically

Sakai CLE is part of the Sakai Project (www.sakaiproject.org), an R&D
project for creating open source collaborative tools for use in
learning, research, and other types of distributed group work.

The information displayed here can be modified by the Sakai CLE
Administrator by editing the !gateway site.

--
Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator
neal.caidin at apereo.org